Chicken & Refried Bean Enchiladas
- 55 Minutes Total
- 4 Servings
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 lb (500 g) chicken breasts, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1 pkg (465 g) Old El Paso* Soft Taco Kit
- 1 can (398 mL) Old El Paso* Refried Beans
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 jar (215 mL) Old El Paso* Taco Sauce
- sour cream and chopped green onions
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook onion for 3 to 5 minutes or until softened.
- Add chicken and cook, stirring occasionally until no longer pink.
- Sprinkle with taco seasoning mix, and stir in 1/2 cup (125 mL) water.
- Cook, stirring for 5 minutes or until sauce has thickened slightly; remove from heat.
- Place soft tortillas on work surface. Divide and evenly spread refried beans on tortillas.
- Divide chicken mixture among tortillas, and spoon along one half of each tortilla. Using 1 cup (250 mL) of the shredded cheese, divide and sprinkle evenly over chicken on each tortilla.
- Spread taco sauce packet contents on the bottom of a 9x13-inch (23x33 cm) baking dish.
- Roll each tortilla up jelly-roll-style, beginning at the end with the chicken.
- Place rolled tortillas seam-side-down in baking dish. Spoon taco sauce from jar evenly over tortillas. Sprinkle with remaining.
- Cover with foil and bake in a 350°F (180°C) oven for 25 minutes; remove foil and bake 10 minutes longer or until heated through
- Tip: You may prepare and refrigerate this easy Mexican casserole up to 4 hours ahead of baking time - be sure to let stand 30 minutes at room temperature before baking or add 10 minutes to the bake time.