Chicken Enchilada Pinwheel Appetizers
Total Time 20 Minutes
- 2 (250 g) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) shredded Mexican cheese
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) from 1 container (177 g) Old El Paso™ Taco Seasoning Mix
- 2 cups (500 mL) shredded chicken
- 1 (284 mL) can diced tomatoes with green chilies, well drained
- 1 tsp (5 mL) minced garlic
- 4 green onions sliced
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped cilantro
- 1 package (334 g) Old El Paso™ Flour Tortillas for Burritos (8 Count)
- In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients (except tortillas) until well blended.
- Spread about 1/2 cup (125 mL) of the cream cheese mixture over each tortilla. Roll up tightly. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Refrigerate until firm, about 30 minutes.
- Slice into 1/2 inch (1.25 cm) slices and serve.
- These pinwheels can be made a few hours ahead of time, wrapped and refrigerated and sliced just before serving.
- This is a great way to use up leftover chicken (or turkey) or pick up a deli BBQ chicken to save even more time.