Chicken Tortilla Soup
- 35 Minutes
- Serves 6
- Soups & Chilis
Turn deli rotisserie chicken into a spicy Southwestern soup!
- 1 pkg (900 mL) chicken broth
- 1 cup (250 mL) Old El Paso* Thick N' Chunky Salsa
- 2 cups (500 mL) shredded deli rotisserie chicken
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) crushed tortilla chips
- 1 medium avocado, pitted, peeled and chopped
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) chopped fresh cilantro
- Lime wedges, if desired
- In 3-quart saucepan, heat broth, salsa and chicken to boiling over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, divide crushed chips among 6 serving bowls. Spoon hot soup over chips, then top with avocado, cheese and cilantro. Serve with lime wedges.
How-To: Adjust the heat level to individual tastes by choosing mild or medium salsa. Did You Know?: Shredded corn tortillas commonly used to thicken Mexican soups are the inspiration for the crushed tortilla chip garnish.