Chicken Tortilla Soup
Total 35 Minutes
- 1 pkg (900 mL) chicken broth
- 1 cup (250 mL) Old El Paso* Thick N' Chunky Salsa
- 2 cups (500 mL) shredded deli rotisserie chicken
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) crushed tortilla chips
- 1 medium avocado, pitted, peeled and chopped
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) chopped fresh cilantro
- Lime wedges, if desired
- In 3-quart saucepan, heat broth, salsa and chicken to boiling over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, divide crushed chips among 6 serving bowls. Spoon hot soup over chips, then top with avocado, cheese and cilantro. Serve with lime wedges.
- Adjust the heat level to individual tastes by choosing mild or medium salsa.
- Shredded corn tortillas commonly used to thicken Mexican soups are the inspiration for the crushed tortilla chip garnish.
From time to time, reformulations of products may alter nutrient value, ingredients and/or allergens. Maintaining on-line information accuracy at all times can be difficult. In the event of a conflict between the data that is shown on this site and that which is on the package, the data on the package should be the primary resource for accurate and up to date data for the product in the package.