Double Cheese and Bean Nachos
- 25 Minutes
- Serves 8
It's hard to resist a platter of crunchy, gooey nachos, especially this jalapeno-studded version loaded with cheese.
- 4 cups (1 L) small round corn tortilla chips
- 1 cup (250 mL) Old El PasoTM Refried Beans (from 398 mL can)
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Old El PasoTM Thick N' Chunky Salsa
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) Old El PasoTM Sliced Jalapeno Peppers drained, chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped green onions
- 2 cups (500 mL) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Heat oven to 400ºF. Line 12-inch pizza pan or 15x10x1-inch pan with foil; spray with cooking spray. Spread half of chips evenly on pan.
- In small bowl, mix refried beans and salsa. Drop about half of mixture by small spoonfuls over chips. Top with half each of jalapeno slices, onions and cheese. Repeat layers ending with cheese.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve immediately.
Layer the nachos on a microwavable plate; microwave on Medium for 2 to 4 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Fresh chopped jalapeno chilies can be substituted if you like.