Double Layer Tacos
- 40 Minutes
- Serves 12
Old El Paso* Favourite Recipe! Layered taco shells and tortillas create the "double" in beef-and-bean stuffed tacos.
- 1 lb (500 g) lean ground beef
- 1 package Old El PasoTM Taco Seasoning Mix
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) water
- 1 package (12-count) Old El PasoTM Taco Shells
- 1 can (14 oz/398 mL) Old El PasoTM refried beans, heated
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) Old El PasoTM Thick N' Chunky Salsa
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) shredded lettuce
- 1 package Old El PasoTM Medium Flour Tortillas (12 count)
- 1 cup (250 mL) Creamy Mexicana Shredded Cheese with a Touch of Philadelphia
- In 10-inch skillet, cook beef over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until brown; drain. Stir in taco seasoning mix and water. Cook over medium heat 3 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Heat taco shells and flour tortillas as directed on packages.
- Spread 2 tablespoons heated refried beans on each flour tortilla. Place hard taco shell on centre of flour tortilla and gently fold tortilla sides up to match taco shell sides.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons beef mixture into each double-layer taco shell. Top with salsa, lettuce and cheese. Serve immediately.
Touch of Philadelphia is a trademark of Kraft Foods Group Brands LLC