Easy Black Bean Lasagna
Total 1 Hours 20 Minutes
- 1 can (19 FL oz/540 mL) black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 can (796 mL/28 FL oz) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) chopped onions
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Old El Paso* Thick N' Chunky Salsa
- 1 tsp (5 mL) chili powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) cumin
- 1 cup (250 mL) light ricotta or cottage cheese
- 1/8 tsp (.5 mL) garlic powder
- 1 egg
- 10 uncooked oven ready lasagna noodles
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) shredded Cheddar or mozzarella cheese
- Heat oven to 350ºF. Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray. In large bowl, mash beans slightly. Stir in tomatoes, onions, bell pepper, salsa, chili powder and cumin; mix well.
- In small bowl, mix ricotta cheese, garlic powder and egg.
- Spread 1 cup of the tomato mixture over bottom of baking dish. Top with half of noodles, overlapping slightly. Top with half of remaining tomato mixture. Spoon ricotta mixture over top; spread carefully. Top with half of cheese, then with remaining noodles, tomato mixture and cheese. Spray sheet of foil with cooking spray; cover baking dish with foil, sprayed side down.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until noodles are tender. Uncover; let stand 15 minutes before serving.
From time to time, reformulations of products may alter nutrient value, ingredients and/or allergens. Maintaining on-line information accuracy at all times can be difficult. In the event of a conflict between the data that is shown on this site and that which is on the package, the data on the package should be the primary resource for accurate and up to date data for the product in the package.