Easy Chicken Quesadillas
Prep 30 Hours
Total Time 30 Minutes
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into small pieces (½ inch)
- Old El Pasoᵀᴹ Quesadilla Seasoning Mix
- Old El Pasoᵀᴹ Large Flour Tortillas
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) vegetable oil
- ½ cup (125 mL) water
- 2 cups (500 mL) shredded cheese (any blend)
- In a large, non-stick skillet, heat oil over med-high heat until hot. Add chicken and stir-fry 5 to 6 minutes until thoroughly cooked.
- Stir in seasoning mix and ½ cup water. Bring to boil; cook and stir 2 to 3 minutes longer until thickened.
- Transfer to medium bowl, cool slightly and stir in cheese.
- Spoon some chicken mixture onto one half of each flour tortilla and fold other half over to cover.
- Heat clean, ungreased, non-stick skillet or bbq grill. Cook or grill filled tortillas about 2 minutes on each side until golden and crispy.
- Serve with sour cream and salsa, if desired. Refrigerate leftovers.