Gingered Fruit Salsa with Crispy Cinnamon Chips
- Extra Mild
- 1 Hour 20 Minutes
- Serves 24
Dip into gingery fresh fruit with sweet and spicy tortilla chips.
- 1 tbsp (25 mL) granulated sugar
- 2 tsp (15 mL) ground cinnamon
- 4 large Old El Paso* Flour Tortillas
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) butter or margarine, melted
- 1 cup (250 mL) finely diced pineapple
- 1 cup (250 mL) finely diced papaya
- 1 cup (250 mL) finely diced mango
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp (.5 mL) salt
- Set oven control to broil. Mix sugar and cinnamon. Brush both sides of each tortilla with butter; sprinkle with sugar-cinnamon mixture. Cut each tortilla into 12 wedges.
- Place tortilla wedges in single layer in 2 ungreased 15x10x1-inch pans or on 2 baking sheets. Broil 2 to 4 minutes, turning once, until crispy and golden brown. Cool completely, about 15 minutes.
- In medium bowl, mix remaining ingredients. Serve salsa with chips.
Substitution: Use 3 cups pineapple and omit the papaya and mango for a refreshing pineapple salsa. Success: Use a pizza cutter to easily cut the tortillas into wedges. Do-Ahead: The chips can be made up to one week ahead of time. Store in a tightly covered container at room temperature.