Gingered Fruit Salsa with Crispy Cinnamon Chips
Total 1 Hours 20 Minutes
- 1 tbsp (25 mL) granulated sugar
- 2 tsp (15 mL) ground cinnamon
- 4 large Old El Paso* Flour Tortillas
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) butter or margarine, melted
- 1 cup (250 mL) finely diced pineapple
- 1 cup (250 mL) finely diced papaya
- 1 cup (250 mL) finely diced mango
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp (.5 mL) salt
- Set oven control to broil. Mix sugar and cinnamon. Brush both sides of each tortilla with butter; sprinkle with sugar-cinnamon mixture. Cut each tortilla into 12 wedges.
- Place tortilla wedges in single layer in 2 ungreased 15x10x1-inch pans or on 2 baking sheets. Broil 2 to 4 minutes, turning once, until crispy and golden brown. Cool completely, about 15 minutes.
- In medium bowl, mix remaining ingredients. Serve salsa with chips.
From time to time, reformulations of products may alter nutrient value, ingredients and/or allergens. Maintaining on-line information accuracy at all times can be difficult. In the event of a conflict between the data that is shown on this site and that which is on the package, the data on the package should be the primary resource for accurate and up to date data for the product in the package.