Greek Grilled Cheese Tacos
Total 30 Minutes
- 1 small zucchini
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) thinly sliced English (seedless) cucumber
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) cherry or grape tomatoes, cut into quarters
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) thinly sliced red or yellow bell pepper strips
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) pitted kalamata olives, cut in half
- 4 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) fresh lemon juice
- Dash coarse (kosher or sea) salt
- Dash freshly ground black pepper
- 8 oz (250 g) halloumi cheese (not sliced)
- 8 Old El Paso* Medium Flour Tortillas
- Trim ends from zucchini. Use a vegetable peeler to make long, thin ribbons of zucchini. For veggie filling, place zucchini ribbons, lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes, bell pepper, olives and basil in large bowl. For dressing, in small bowl, beat oil, lemon juice, salt and black pepper with whisk; pour over vegetable mixture, and toss to coat.
- Heat gas or charcoal grill. Cut block of cheese in half horizontally to form 2 blocks. Place both blocks of cheese directly on grill over high heat. Cook uncovered 4 to 6 minutes, turning once, until browned. Remove from grill. Cut each grilled cheese block into 12 cubes to make 24 cubes.
- Heat tortillas on grill about 30 seconds or until warm, turning once. Fill tortillas with veggie filling, and top with grilled cheese.
- Did You Know? : Halloumi cheese is a firm white cheese made from sheep's milk. It browns and keeps its shape when grilled.
From time to time, reformulations of products may alter nutrient value, ingredients and/or allergens. Maintaining on-line information accuracy at all times can be difficult. In the event of a conflict between the data that is shown on this site and that which is on the package, the data on the package should be the primary resource for accurate and up to date data for the product in the package.