Grilled Chicken Fajita Stir-Fry
Total 40 Minutes
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) Old El Pasoᵀᴹ Thick N' Chunky Salsa
- 2 tsp (10 mL) honey
- 2 tsp (10 mL) chopped (not drained) chipotle chilies in adobo sauce
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) chili powder
- 1 lb (500 g) boneless chicken breasts, sliced into thin strips
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium green bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 pkg (8 count) Old El Pasoᵀᴹ Large Flour Tortillas (wrapped in foil and warmed on grill)
- 1 medium ripe avocado, pitted, peeled and sliced thinly
- Additional Old El Pasoᵀᴹ Thick N' Chunky Salsa, if desired
- Heat coals or gas grill for direct heat. In large bowl, mix 1/4 cup salsa, the honey, chipotle chilies and chili powder. Add chicken, bell peppers and onion; toss to coat. Place mixture in grill basket (grill â€œwokâ€).
- Cover and grill chicken and vegetables over medium heat 15 to 18 minutes, shaking basket or stirring mixture occasionally, until chicken is no longer pink in center and vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Spoon mixture onto center of each tortilla; top with avocado and additional salsa. Roll tortillas around filling.
- Place a red onion ring around each filled tortilla to keep it from unrolling.