Grilled Chicken Fajita Stir-Fry
- 40 Minutes
- Serves 8
Give your picnic extra sizzle with chicken fajitas in the grill basket. Peppers, chilies and Old El Paso salsa lend mucho flavour to this low-fat main dish.
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) Old El PasoTM Thick N' Chunky Salsa
- 2 tsp (10 mL) honey
- 2 tsp (10 mL) chopped (not drained) chipotle chilies in adobo sauce
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) chili powder
- 1 lb (500 g) boneless chicken breasts, sliced into thin strips
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium green bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 pkg (8 count) Old El PasoTM Large Flour Tortillas (wrapped in foil and warmed on grill)
- 1 medium ripe avocado, pitted, peeled and sliced thinly
- Additional Old El PasoTM Thick N' Chunky Salsa, if desired
- Heat coals or gas grill for direct heat. In large bowl, mix 1/4 cup salsa, the honey, chipotle chilies and chili powder. Add chicken, bell peppers and onion; toss to coat. Place mixture in grill basket (grill â€œwokâ€).
- Cover and grill chicken and vegetables over medium heat 15 to 18 minutes, shaking basket or stirring mixture occasionally, until chicken is no longer pink in center and vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Spoon mixture onto center of each tortilla; top with avocado and additional salsa. Roll tortillas around filling.
Place a red onion ring around each filled tortilla to keep it from unrolling.