Grilled Chili Pork Tenderloin And Pineapple
- 35 Minutes Total
- 6 Servings
- 2 pork tenderloins (each about 3/4 lb/375 g)
- 1 pouch (39 g) Old El Paso* Chili Seasoning Mix
- 1 tsp (5 mL) oregano
- tbsp (15 mL) vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) barbecue sauce
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) cumin
- 1 pineapple, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch (1 cm) slices
- Heat gas or charcoal grill for indirect heat.
- Fold thin end of each pork tenderloin under, so pork tenderloin is an even thickness; secure with toothpicks.
- In shallow bowl, mix chili seasoning mix with oregano. Brush pork tenderloin with oil; sprinkle with seasoning. Grill over unheated side of grill and 4 to 5-inches from medium heat for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Add pineapple to grill for last 2 to 4 minutes of grilling.
- Meanwhile, in a small microwavable bowl, mix barbecue sauce and cumin. Cover; microwave on High 30 to 60 seconds or until hot. Brush over cooked pork tenderloin and pineapple.
- Variation: Try with 1 1/2 lbs/750 g chicken breasts or thighs.