Grilled Halibut with Tomato-Avocado Salsa
Betty Crocker's Heart Healthy Cookbook shares a recipe! Looking for a seafood dinner? Then check out this grilled halibut recipe that is ready in about an hour.
1 Hour 5 Minutes Total
- 1 1/2 lb (750 g) halibut, tuna or swordfish steaks (about 1-inch/2.5 cm thick)
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) canola or soybean oil
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) lemon or lime juice
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) ground cumin
- 1/8 tsp (0.5 mL) ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) Old El Paso* Thick N' Chunky Salsa
- 1 medium avocado, pitted, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- If fish steaks are large, cut into 6 serving pieces. Mix remaining ingredients except Tomato-Avocado Salsa in shallow glass or plastic dish. Add fish; turn to coat with marinade. Cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes but no longer than 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, mix tomato-avocado salsa ingredients together. Set aside until ready to serve.
- Heat coals or gas grill for direct heat. Remove fish from marinade; reserve marinade. Cover and grill fish 4 to 5 inches from medium heat 10 to 15 minutes, brushing 2 or 3 times with marinade and turning once, until fish flakes easily with fork. Discard any remaining marinade. Serve fish with salsa.