Grilled Taco Nachos
Total 35 Minutes
- 10 cups (2.5 L) tortilla chips
- 2 lbs (1 kg) bulk pork sausage, cooked and drained
- 2 cans(127 mL each) Old El Paso* Chopped Green Chilies, drained
- 4 tsp (20 mL) Old El Paso* Taco Seasoning Mix (from 35 g pouch)
- 4 roma (plum) tomatoes, chopped (1 1/3 cups/325 mL)
- 4 medium green onions, sliced (1/4 cup/50 mL)
- 4 cups (1 L) finely shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese (about 1 lb/500 g)
- Heat coals or gas grill for direct heat. Spray two 30x18-inch pieces of heavy-duty aluminum foil with cooking spray. Spread tortilla chips on centres of foil pieces. Mix sausage, chilies and seasoning mix; spoon over tortilla chips. Top with tomatoes and onions. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Wrap foil securely around tortilla chips. Cover and grill foil packets, seam sides up, 4 to 6 inches from medium heat 8 to 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- If you can't find bulk sausage, you can buy Italian sausages and take meat out of the casings.
- Pump up the flavour of these colourful nachos by using bulk chorizo sausage instead of the bulk pork sausage. Or try Monterey Jack cheese with jalapeno peppers instead of the Co-Jack.
- Serve these nifty nachos with sour cream and your favourite salsa.