Healthified Chicken and Black Bean Burritos
Whip up a fiesta for dinner in just 30 minutes! Jazzed-up chicken creates the tasty filling for an easy-to-wrap burrito.
25 Minutes Total
- Instant brown rice
- Water as called for on rice box
- 1/8 tsp (0.5 mL) salt
- 2 cups (500 mL) shredded cooked chicken breast
- 1 can (19 oz/540 mL) black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 cup (250 mL) Old El Pasoᵀᴹ Thick N' Chunky Mild Salsa
- 2 tsp (10 mL) chili powder
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lime juice
- 8 low-fat whole wheat tortillas (8 inch)
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded reduced fat sharp Cheddar cheese
- Additional salsa, if desired
- Cook rice as directed on package for two servings, using 1/8 teaspoon salt, but omitting butter if called for.
- Meanwhile, in medium microwavable bowl, mix chicken, black beans, 1 cup salsa and chili powder. Microwave on High 2 minutes or until hot, stirring after 1 minute.
- Place cooked rice in large bowl; stir in cilantro and lime juice until well blended.
- Heat tortillas as directed on package. Spoon about 1/2 cup chicken mixture down center of each tortilla. Top with about 1/4 cup rice mixture and 2 tablespoons cheese. Fold sides of tortilla toward center; fold ends over. Serve with additional salsa, if desired.
- What is Healthified?: We've replaced ingredients with great-tasting alternatives to create better-for-you recipes that are just as yummy as the originals.
- Substitution: Any type of beans can be used in place of the black beans, though smaller beans work best in burritos and wraps.
- Variation: Spice up these burritos by adding a little more chili powder and cilantro.