Healthified Chicken and Black Bean Burritos
Total 25 Minutes
- Instant brown rice
- Water as called for on rice box
- 1/8 tsp (0.5 mL) salt
- 2 cups (500 mL) shredded cooked chicken breast
- 1 can (19 oz/540 mL) black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 cup (250 mL) Old El Pasoᵀᴹ Thick N' Chunky Mild Salsa
- 2 tsp (10 mL) chili powder
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lime juice
- 8 low-fat whole wheat tortillas (8 inch)
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded reduced fat sharp Cheddar cheese
- Additional salsa, if desired
- Cook rice as directed on package for two servings, using 1/8 teaspoon salt, but omitting butter if called for.
- Meanwhile, in medium microwavable bowl, mix chicken, black beans, 1 cup salsa and chili powder. Microwave on High 2 minutes or until hot, stirring after 1 minute.
- Place cooked rice in large bowl; stir in cilantro and lime juice until well blended.
- Heat tortillas as directed on package. Spoon about 1/2 cup chicken mixture down center of each tortilla. Top with about 1/4 cup rice mixture and 2 tablespoons cheese. Fold sides of tortilla toward center; fold ends over. Serve with additional salsa, if desired.
- What is Healthified?: We've replaced ingredients with great-tasting alternatives to create better-for-you recipes that are just as yummy as the originals.
- Substitution: Any type of beans can be used in place of the black beans, though smaller beans work best in burritos and wraps.
- Variation: Spice up these burritos by adding a little more chili powder and cilantro.
From time to time, reformulations of products may alter nutrient value, ingredients and/or allergens. Maintaining on-line information accuracy at all times can be difficult. In the event of a conflict between the data that is shown on this site and that which is on the package, the data on the package should be the primary resource for accurate and up to date data for the product in the package.