Mac and Cheese Taco Bites
- 30 Minutes Total
- 12 Servings
- 1 pkg (264 g) Old El PasoTM Appetizer Kit (contains mini soft tortilla bowls, taco sauce and taco seasoning)
- 1 cup (250 mL) mini pasta shells
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) each small broccoli and cauliflower florets
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) cream cheese, cut into cubes
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) sour cream
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded marble cheese
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) each finely sliced green onion, red pepper and yellow pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions, adding broccoli and cauliflower florets in the last 3 minutes of cooking. Drain, reserving 1/3 cup (75 mL) cooking liquid.
- Return pasta, broccoli and cauliflower to saucepan set over low heat; stir in garlic and reserved cooking liquid. Stir in cream cheese, sour cream, taco sauce and taco seasoning. Toss until well coated and heated through.
- Stir in cheese; cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese melts. Divide among mini tortilla bowls. Garnish with green onion, and red and yellow peppers.
- Garnish with snipped fresh chives.