Make-Ahead Grilled Cheese and Salsa
- 20 Minutes
- Serves 2
Looking for a packed lunch idea? Two types of cheese, margarine and bread are all you need to make these sandwiches that are served with Old El Paso* Salsa - ready in 20 minutes.
- 4 slices whole wheat bread
- 2 slices American cheese
- 2 slices Muenster cheese
- 4 tsp (20 mL) margarine or butter, softened
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) Old El Paso* Thick N' Chunky Salsa
- Top 2 slices of the bread with cheese. Place remaining slices of bread over cheese. Spread top of bread slices with half of the margarine.
- Place sandwiches, margarine side down, in large skillet. Cook over medium heat for 2 to 4 minutes or until golden brown. Spread top of sandwiches with remaining margarine. Turn sandwiches; cook 2 to 4 minutes or until golden brown. Remove sandwiches from skillet; place on cutting board. Cool 5 minutes.
- Cut sandwiches into strips or triangles. Wrap in plastic wrap or place in food storage plastic bags. Store in refrigerator.
- Pack cold wrapped sandwiches in 2 lunch bags with ice packs. Divide salsa into 2 small plastic containers with lids. Place in lunch bags.
- At lunch time, dip sandwiches in salsa.