Meatball Taco Bites
- 30 Minutes
- Serves 12
- Appetizers & Snacks
These taco-seasoned meatballs are a festive appetizer that will wow any crowd.
- 1 pkg (264 g) Old El PasoTM Appetizer Kit (contains mini soft tortilla bowls, taco sauce and taco seasoning)
- 12 oz (375 g) lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) sour cream
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded lettuce
- 1 cup (250 mL) diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) grated Cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) finely sliced green onions
- Mix together taco seasoning, ground beef, bread crumbs and egg. Divide into 24 portions and roll into small balls.
- Heat oil in large skillet set over medium heat; cook meatballs for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown all over. Transfer to 350°F (180°C) oven; bake for about 5 minutes until cooked through. In small saucepan, bring taco sauce to simmer.
- Place two meatballs in each mini tortilla bowl; top with taco sauce and dollop of sour cream. Sprinkle with shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, Cheddar and green onions.
Substitute baby spinach or arugula for shredded lettuce.