Mexican Bubble Pizza
- 50 Minutes
- Serves 8
In this easy casserole-style pizza, strips of biscuit dough bake right in with taco-seasoned ground beef.
- 1 1/2 lbs (750 g) ground beef
- 1 package Old El PasoTM Taco Seasoning Mix
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) water
- 1 can (10 oz/284 mL) condensed tomato soup
- 1 can PillsburyTM Refrigerated Country Biscuits
- 2 cups (500 mL) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 cups (500 mL) shredded lettuce
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup (250 mL) Old El PasoTM Thick N' Chunky Salsa
- 1 can sliced ripe olives, drained (optional)
- 1 cup (250 mL) sour cream
- 3 green onions, sliced, if desired
- Heat oven to 375ºF. In 10-inch skillet, cook beef over medium-high heat 8 to 10 minutes or until thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently; drain. Add taco seasoning mix, water and soup; mix well. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat to low; simmer 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Separate dough into 10 biscuits. Cut each biscuit into 6 pieces. Add pieces to beef mixture; stir gently. Spoon mixture into ungreased 13x9-inch pan.
- Bake 18 to 23 minutes or until sauce is bubbly and biscuits are golden brown. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 8 to 10 minutes longer or until cheese is bubbly.
- To serve, cut pizza into 8 squares. Top each serving with remaining ingredients.