Mexican Chicken-sour Cream Lasagna
Total Time 1 Hours 45 Minutes
- 12 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 2 cans (10 FL oz/284 mL each) condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup (250 mL) sour cream
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) milk
- 1 1/4 tsp (6 mL) ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) garlic powder
- 3 cups (750 mL) cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can Old El Paso* Chopped Green Chiles, undrained
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
- 3 cups (750 mL) finely shredded Mexican-style Cheddar-Monterey Jack cheese blend
- 1 cup (250 mL) chopped red pepper
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) sliced ripe olives
- 1 cup (250 mL) crushed nacho cheese-flavour tortilla chips
- Additional chopped or whole fresh cilantro leaves, if desired
- Heat oven to 350ºF. Spray bottom and sides of 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray. Cook and drain noodles as directed on package. Meanwhile, in large bowl, mix soup, sour cream, milk, cumin, garlic powder, chicken and chiles.
- Spread about 1 1/4 cups of the chicken mixture in baking dish. Top with 4 noodles. Spread 1 1/4 cups chicken mixture over noodles; sprinkle with onions and cilantro. Sprinkle with 1 cup of the cheese.
- Top with 4 noodles. Spread 1 1/4 cups chicken mixture over noodles; sprinkle with red pepper and olives. Sprinkle with 1 cup of the cheese. Top with 4 noodles; spread with remaining chicken mixture.
- Bake uncovered 30 minutes; sprinkle with tortilla chips and remaining 1 cup cheese. Bake 15 to 30 minutes longer or until bubbly and hot in center. Sprinkle with additional cilantro. Let stand 15 minutes before cutting.
- Substitution : The nacho cheese tortilla chips add color and flavor, but you can also use regular tortilla chips for the topping.
- Special Touch : Spoon your favorite salsa over servings of lasagna for a touch of color.