Mexican Chicken-sour Cream Lasagna
Total 1 Hours 45 Minutes
- 12 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 2 cans (10 FL oz/284 mL each) condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup (250 mL) sour cream
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) milk
- 1 1/4 tsp (6 mL) ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) garlic powder
- 3 cups (750 mL) cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can Old El Paso* Chopped Green Chiles, undrained
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
- 3 cups (750 mL) finely shredded Mexican-style Cheddar-Monterey Jack cheese blend
- 1 cup (250 mL) chopped red pepper
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) sliced ripe olives
- 1 cup (250 mL) crushed nacho cheese-flavour tortilla chips
- Additional chopped or whole fresh cilantro leaves, if desired
- Heat oven to 350ºF. Spray bottom and sides of 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray. Cook and drain noodles as directed on package. Meanwhile, in large bowl, mix soup, sour cream, milk, cumin, garlic powder, chicken and chiles.
- Spread about 1 1/4 cups of the chicken mixture in baking dish. Top with 4 noodles. Spread 1 1/4 cups chicken mixture over noodles; sprinkle with onions and cilantro. Sprinkle with 1 cup of the cheese.
- Top with 4 noodles. Spread 1 1/4 cups chicken mixture over noodles; sprinkle with red pepper and olives. Sprinkle with 1 cup of the cheese. Top with 4 noodles; spread with remaining chicken mixture.
- Bake uncovered 30 minutes; sprinkle with tortilla chips and remaining 1 cup cheese. Bake 15 to 30 minutes longer or until bubbly and hot in center. Sprinkle with additional cilantro. Let stand 15 minutes before cutting.
- Substitution : The nacho cheese tortilla chips add color and flavor, but you can also use regular tortilla chips for the topping.
- Special Touch : Spoon your favorite salsa over servings of lasagna for a touch of color.
From time to time, reformulations of products may alter nutrient value, ingredients and/or allergens. Maintaining on-line information accuracy at all times can be difficult. In the event of a conflict between the data that is shown on this site and that which is on the package, the data on the package should be the primary resource for accurate and up to date data for the product in the package.