Total Time 20 Minutes
- 1 box (6 count) Old El Paso Soft Taco for 2 Kit
- ¼ cup (60 mL) pizza sauce
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) vegetable oil
- ¼ lb (125 g) lean ground beef
- 1 cup (250 mL) can Old El Paso Black Bean Refried Beans, warmed
- 11/4 cups (310 mL) shredded Monterey Jack or cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) shredded iceberg lettuce
- 3 cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) thinly sliced red onions
- Heat oven to 425°F then line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Prick tortillas with a fork then brush both sides with oil. Cook one or two at a time in a large skillet over medium heat until lightly browned, 30 to 45 seconds, flipping halfway. Transfer to prepared pan and repeat with remaining oil and tortillas.
- Cook beef in a skillet over medium-high heat, stirring with a wooden spoon until crumbled and browned, 2 minutes. Stir in taco spice and transfer to a small plate.
- Arrange three tortillas on the baking sheet. Divide and spread refried beans over each tortilla and top with beef mixture and 1 tbsp of cheese. Cover with a tortilla. Divide and spread the pizza sauce over the tortilla then sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake until the cheese is melted and bubbling, about 5 minutes. Top with lettuce, tomato, and onions.
- This recipe makes three small yet protein-packed layered Mexican Pizzas, enough for you and your sweetheart.
- Swap out ground beef for chorizo or ground chicken or veggie ground round for a vegetarian version.