Pineapple & Black Bean Tostadas for Two
- 20 Minutes Total
- 6 Servings
- 1 cup (250 mL) diced fresh pineapple
- ¼ cup (50 mL) loosely-packed fresh cilantro, chopped
- ¼ cup (50 mL) diced red onion
- ¼ cup (50 mL) diced green pepper
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) fresh lime juice
- 1/8 tsp (1 mL) salt
- Pinch ground black pepper
- 1 Old El Paso™ Tacos For Two Soft Taco Kit
- 1 can (14 oz/398 mL) Old El Paso™ Refried Beans
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) crumbled queso fresco or feta cheese
- Heat oven to 400°F (200°C). While the oven is heating, make the Pineapple Salsa by mixing the first 7 ingredients listed; set aside.
- Place tortillas in a single layer on a large baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes. Allow tortillas to cool for 2 to 3 minutes on the baking sheet and then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely. (You will need to do this in 2 batches as only 3 or 4 will fit on the baking sheet at a time).
- Empty refried beans into a medium bowl and add the taco seasoning mix from the kit. Stir well until completely blended.
- Divide and spread the seasoned bean mixture on the 6 baked and cooled tortillas (about 1/3 cup/75 mL on each).
- Top each with a few slices of avocado and a large spoonful of pineapple salsa. Sprinkle with crumbled queso fresco or feta cheese. Serve immediately.