Pineapple & Black Bean Tostadas for Two
Total 20 Minutes
- 1 cup (250 mL) diced fresh pineapple
- ¼ cup (50 mL) loosely-packed fresh cilantro, chopped
- ¼ cup (50 mL) diced red onion
- ¼ cup (50 mL) diced green pepper
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) fresh lime juice
- 1/8 tsp (1 mL) salt
- Pinch ground black pepper
- 1 Old El Paso™ Tacos For Two Soft Taco Kit
- 1 can (14 oz/398 mL) Old El Paso™ Refried Beans
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) crumbled queso fresco or feta cheese
- Heat oven to 400°F (200°C). While the oven is heating, make the Pineapple Salsa by mixing the first 7 ingredients listed; set aside.
- Place tortillas in a single layer on a large baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes. Allow tortillas to cool for 2 to 3 minutes on the baking sheet and then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely. (You will need to do this in 2 batches as only 3 or 4 will fit on the baking sheet at a time).
- Empty refried beans into a medium bowl and add the taco seasoning mix from the kit. Stir well until completely blended.
- Divide and spread the seasoned bean mixture on the 6 baked and cooled tortillas (about 1/3 cup/75 mL on each).
- Top each with a few slices of avocado and a large spoonful of pineapple salsa. Sprinkle with crumbled queso fresco or feta cheese. Serve immediately.
From time to time, reformulations of products may alter nutrient value, ingredients and/or allergens. Maintaining on-line information accuracy at all times can be difficult. In the event of a conflict between the data that is shown on this site and that which is on the package, the data on the package should be the primary resource for accurate and up to date data for the product in the package.