Total 1 Hours 5 Minutes
- 2 cups (500 mL) CHEERIOS* cereal, finely crushed
- 1 lb (500 g) lean ground beef, turkey or chicken
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) uncooked converted brown rice
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) milk
- 1 pkg (39 g) Old El Paso* Chili Seasoning Mix or 1 pkg (35 g) Old El Paso* Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1 egg
- 3 cups (750 mL) tomato juice
- 1 cup (250 mL) water
- Heat oven to 425°F (220°C).
- In large bowl, mix cereal, beef, rice, milk, chili or taco seasoning mix and egg. Shape mixture into 30 meatballs. Place in ungreased 9x13-inch (23x33 cm) rectangular baking pan.
- Combine tomato juice and water. Pour over meatballs; stir gently.
- Cover and bake 50 to 60 minutes or until rice is tender, beef is no longer pink in center and juice is thickened.
- To easily crush cereal: Place in a plastic bag or between sheets of wax paper and crush with rolling pin. A blender can also be used to crush cereal.
- Evenly shaped meatballs are easy to make: Pat the meat mixture into the baking pan and cut into 6 rows by 5 rows. Roll the squares into balls and return to the pan to bake.
From time to time, reformulations of products may alter nutrient value, ingredients and/or allergens. Maintaining on-line information accuracy at all times can be difficult. In the event of a conflict between the data that is shown on this site and that which is on the package, the data on the package should be the primary resource for accurate and up to date data for the product in the package.