Salsa Turkey Meatballs
Total 55 Minutes
- 1 lb (500 g) ground turkey
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) plain bread crumbs
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) milk
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) pepper
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) finely chopped onion
- 1 egg
- 1 jar (650 mL) Old El Paso* Thick N' Chunky Salsa
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Heat oven to 400°F (200°C). Mix all ingredients except salsa and green onions. Shape mixture into twenty 1 1/2 -inch (3.5 cm) meatballs.
- Place in ungreased 9x13-inch (22x33 cm) rectangular baking pan. Bake uncovered 20 to 25 minutes or until thermometer inserted in center of meatballs reads 165°F (70°C).
- In 2-quart (2 L) saucepan, place salsa and meatballs. Heat to boiling, stirring occasionally; reduce heat. Cover and simmer about 15 minutes or until salsa and meatballs are hot. Sprinkle with green onion.
- Bake meatballs (without salsa) in advance, then freeze up to 1 month. Heat salsa to boiling, then stir in frozen meatballs. Simmer uncovered 15 to 20 minutes or until meatballs are heated through. Great with either mild, medium or hot Old El Paso* Thick N' Chunky Salsa. Serve with rice and a tossed green salad.
From time to time, reformulations of products may alter nutrient value, ingredients and/or allergens. Maintaining on-line information accuracy at all times can be difficult. In the event of a conflict between the data that is shown on this site and that which is on the package, the data on the package should be the primary resource for accurate and up to date data for the product in the package.