Shredded Chicken Tacos For Two
Total 30 Minutes
- 1 Old El Paso™ Tacos For Two Hard Taco Kit
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) vegetable oil
- ½ lb (250 g) boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 large or 2 small breasts)
- ½ cup (125 mL) water
- ½ cup (125 mL) frozen whole kernel corn
- ¾ cup (175 mL) shredded Cheddar cheese or any shredded cheese blend
- 2 to 3 radishes, thinly sliced
- Sour cream or plain Greek yogurt
- Chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- Heat oven to 325°F (160°C). Heat taco shells from the kit according to package directions. In 10-inch nonstick skillet, heal oil over medium-high heat until hot. Add chicken; cook 3 minutes on each side to brown.
- Add enough water to skillet to come two-thirds of the way up sides of the chicken; cover skillet tightly. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook 13 to 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through, tender and easy to shred. Cool 5 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to plate or cutting board and shred with two forks. Discard the cooking liquid. Return shredded chicken to the skillet. Add frozen corn, ½ cup water and the taco seasoning mix from the kit. Cook over medium heat 5 to 7 minutes until heated through and sauce is thickened.
- Divide chicken mixture among the taco shells. Top with cheese, radishes and cilantro or any of your favorite taco toppings.