Slow-cooked White Chili With Chicken
Total Time 10 Hours 15 Minutes
- 1 lb (500 g) boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into thin strips
- 1 cup (250 mL) dried great northern beans, rinsed, sorted
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tsp (10 mL) dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1 can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 5 cups (1.25 L) water
- 1 tsp (5 mL) cumin
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) hot pepper sauce
- 1 can Old El Paso* Chopped Green Chiles
- Fresh sage, if desired
- In 3 1/2 or 4-quart slow cooker, combine chicken, beans, onion, garlic, oregano, salt, soup and water; mix well.
- Cover; cook on low setting for 8 to 10 hours or until beans are tender and chicken is no longer pink.
- Just before serving, stir in cumin, hot pepper sauce and chiles. Serve with additional hot sauce if desired. Garnish with sage.
- This recipe was tested in slow cookers with heating elements in the side and bottom of the cooker, not in cookers that stand only on a heated base.
- For slow cookers with just a heated base, follow the manufacturer's directions for layering ingredients and choosing a temperature.