Slow-Cooker 3-Ingredient Bean Dip
Prep 5 Minutes
Total Time 50 Minutes
- 1 can (14 oz/398 mL) Old El Paso™ Refried Beans
- 2 cans (127 mL each) Old El Paso™ Chopped Green Chilies
- 2 cups (500 mL) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Tortilla chips
Serve with toppings, if desired
- Old El Paso™ Thick N' Chunky Salsa
- Chopped fresh tomatoes
- Chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Spray 2 to 3-quart/L slow cooker with cooking spray. In a medium bowl, combine beans and green chilies. Pour into slow cooker. Sprinkle cheese over beans. Cover and cook 45 minutes on high or 1 1/2 hours on low, until cheese is bubbling. Serve immediately with chips and toppings.
- Small sized slow cookers are so handy for keeping warm dips at the perfect temperature.
- If you don’t have a slow cooker, you could bake this dip in your oven. Place in a small casserole and bake uncovered at 375°F (190°C) for about 20 minutes or until mixture is warm and cheese is melted and bubbly.
- This dip would be a great addition to a traditional taco bar. For those who don’t eat meat, they could use this dip instead of the taco beef and then add toppings like fresh lettuce, chopped tomatoes and sour cream.