Slow Cooker Santa Fe Country Ribs
Total 9 Hours 55 Minutes
- 2 lb (1 kg) boneless country-style pork ribs
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) Old El Paso* Thick N' Chunky Salsa
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) chili sauce
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) tomato paste
- Spray 3- to 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Place pork ribs in slow cooker; sprinkle with salt. In small bowl, mix salsa, chili sauce, cumin and ground red pepper; spoon over ribs.
- Cover; cook on Low setting 8 to 9 hours.
- Remove ribs from slow cooker; place on serving platter. Into 2-cup measuring cup or bowl, pour 1 cup cooking juices from slow cooker. Stir in tomato paste; spoon over ribs.
- Leftover tomato paste can be easily frozen by dropping onto waxed paper in 2-tablespoon quantities and freezing until firm. Transfer to a freezer plastic bag. Add one portion to vegetable, rice or pasta mixtures for a rich tomato flavor.
From time to time, reformulations of products may alter nutrient value, ingredients and/or allergens. Maintaining on-line information accuracy at all times can be difficult. In the event of a conflict between the data that is shown on this site and that which is on the package, the data on the package should be the primary resource for accurate and up to date data for the product in the package.