Slow Cooker Santa Fe Country Ribs
- 9 Hour 55 Minutes
- Serves 6
Skip the typical barbecue sauce and season ribs with salsa and chili sauce. Olé!
- 2 lb (1 kg) boneless country-style pork ribs
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) Old El Paso* Thick N' Chunky Salsa
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) chili sauce
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) tomato paste
- Spray 3- to 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Place pork ribs in slow cooker; sprinkle with salt. In small bowl, mix salsa, chili sauce, cumin and ground red pepper; spoon over ribs.
- Cover; cook on Low setting 8 to 9 hours.
- Remove ribs from slow cooker; place on serving platter. Into 2-cup measuring cup or bowl, pour 1 cup cooking juices from slow cooker. Stir in tomato paste; spoon over ribs.
Tip: Leftover tomato paste can be easily frozen by dropping onto waxed paper in 2-tablespoon quantities and freezing until firm. Transfer to a freezer plastic bag. Add one portion to vegetable, rice or pasta mixtures for a rich tomato flavor.