Slow Cooker Tex Mex Turkey Wraps for a Crowd
- Serves 16
- Sandwiches & Wraps
Wondering what to serve the gang? Put the slow cooker on the buffet and let them wrap their own.
- 1 kg turkey breast
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) seasoned salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) pepper
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped onion
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) water
- 2 pouches Old El PasoTM Taco Seasoning Mix
- 2 pkgs Old El PasoTM Large Soft Tortillas (8 per pkg)
- 2 cups (500 mL) bite-size pieces lettuce
- 2 cups (500 mL) shredded Cheddar cheese
- Place turkey in 3 1/2- to 4-quart slow cooker. Sprinkle with seasoned salt and pepper. Add onion and water.
- Cover and cook on low heat setting 6 to 7 hours or until juice of turkey is no longer pink when centres of thickest pieces are cut.
- Remove turkey from slow cooker. Shred turkey, using 2 forks. Measure liquid from slow cooker; add enough water to liquid to measure 2 cups. Mix seasoning mixes (dry) and liquid mixture in slow cooker. Stir in shredded turkey.
- Cover and cook on low heat setting 1 hour.
- Spoon about 1/4 cup turkey onto centre of each tortilla; top with lettuce and cheese. Roll up tortillas.
- Tip : Keep cleanup to a minimum by lightly spraying the inside of the slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray before using.
- Tip : Offer salsa, sour cream and guacamole to jazz up wraps.