Southwest Nacho Casserole
- 1 Hour
- Serves 6
Everyone will love this casserole with favourite Mexican flavours and crunchy tortilla chips for dipping.
- 2 lb (1 kg) lean ground beef
- 1 cup (250 mL) water
- 2 pouches Old El PasoTM Smart FiestaTM Reduced Sodium Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1 can (127 mL) Old El PasoTM Chopped Green Chilies
- 2 cans (14 oz/398 mL each) Old El PasoTM Refried Beans
- 2 cups (500 mL) shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (250 mL) chopped tomato (1 large)
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped green onions (about 8 medium)
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) sliced ripe olives
- 1 bag (300 g) yellow corn tortilla chips extra thick if possible)
- Sour cream, if desired
- Heat oven to 350ºF. Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray. In 12-inch nonstick skillet, cook ground beef over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until thoroughly cooked; drain.
- Stir in water and taco seasoning mix. Bring to a boil; cook 2 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thickened. Stir in chiles.
- Spread refried beans in baking dish. Top with ground beef mixture. Cover tightly with foil.
- Bake 30 to 40 minutes or until bubbly around edges.
- Remove from oven. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese, tomato, onions and olives. Arrange 18 to 20 tortilla chips around outside edges of baking dish. Return to oven; bake uncovered about 10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. If desired, top with sour cream. Serve with remaining tortilla chips for scooping.