Spicy Mexican Quiche Cups
Total Time 50 Minutes
- 1/2 lb (250 g) bulk hot Italian sausage
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped jalapeno chiles, seeds removed, if desired
- 6 eggs
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) Old El Paso* Thick N' Chunky Salsa
- 1 pkg Pillsbury* Refrigerated Pie Crusts, softened as directed on box
- 1 package (1 oz) Old El Paso™ 40% less-sodium taco seasoning mix
- Multigrain tortilla chips, if desired
- Chopped avocado, if desired
- Fresh cilantro sprigs, if desired
- Heat oven to 425ºF. In medium sized skillet, cook sausage over medium heat, stirring frequently, until browned and no longer pink; drain. Set aside to cool.
- In medium bowl, mix both cheeses and chiles. Stir in cooled cooked sausage. In another medium bowl, beat eggs thoroughly with fork. Stir in salsa.
- Remove pie crusts from pouches; place flat on work surface. With rolling pin, roll each crust into 12-inch round. With 3 1/2-inch round cutter, cut 22 rounds from crusts, rerolling scraps as necessary. Press each round into ungreased muffin cup or fluted tartet pan.
- Spoon 1 heaping tablespoon cheese mixture into each crust-lined cup. Top each with about 1 tablespoon egg mixture; divide any remaining egg mixture between cups.
- Bake 14 to 18 minutes or until filling is set. If desired, garnish with fresh cilantro. Serve warm.