Spicy Mexican Quiche Cups
Total 50 Minutes
- 1/2 lb (250 g) bulk hot Italian sausage
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped jalapeno chiles, seeds removed, if desired
- 6 eggs
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) Old El Paso* Thick N' Chunky Salsa
- 1 pkg Pillsbury* Refrigerated Pie Crusts, softened as directed on box
- 1 package (1 oz) Old El Paso™ 40% less-sodium taco seasoning mix
- Multigrain tortilla chips, if desired
- Chopped avocado, if desired
- Fresh cilantro sprigs, if desired
- Heat oven to 425ºF. In medium sized skillet, cook sausage over medium heat, stirring frequently, until browned and no longer pink; drain. Set aside to cool.
- In medium bowl, mix both cheeses and chiles. Stir in cooled cooked sausage. In another medium bowl, beat eggs thoroughly with fork. Stir in salsa.
- Remove pie crusts from pouches; place flat on work surface. With rolling pin, roll each crust into 12-inch round. With 3 1/2-inch round cutter, cut 22 rounds from crusts, rerolling scraps as necessary. Press each round into ungreased muffin cup or fluted tartet pan.
- Spoon 1 heaping tablespoon cheese mixture into each crust-lined cup. Top each with about 1 tablespoon egg mixture; divide any remaining egg mixture between cups.
- Bake 14 to 18 minutes or until filling is set. If desired, garnish with fresh cilantro. Serve warm.
From time to time, reformulations of products may alter nutrient value, ingredients and/or allergens. Maintaining on-line information accuracy at all times can be difficult. In the event of a conflict between the data that is shown on this site and that which is on the package, the data on the package should be the primary resource for accurate and up to date data for the product in the package.