Spicy Mexican Shrimp Taco Bowls
Prep 30 Minutes
Total 30 Minutes
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups coarsely shredded purple cabbage
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions, cut on the bias
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 lb (500 g) uncooked deveined peeled large shrimp, tail shells removed
- 2 cloves garlic, very finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1 package Old El Paso™ taco seasoning mix
- 1 package (12 count) Old El Paso™ Mini Tortilla Bowls
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Lime wedges, if desired
- In medium bowl, mix mayonnaise, honey, lime juice and salt. Stir in cabbage and green onions; set aside.
- In 12-inch skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add shrimp; cook 2 to 3 minutes, turning once, until pink. Stir in garlic, hot sauce and taco seasoning mix. Heat to simmering. Reduce heat; simmer uncovered 1 to 2 minutes, stirring frequently, until thickened.
- Heat bowls as directed on package. Divide cabbage mixture among bowls; divide shrimp mixture among bowls; top with cilantro, and serve with lime wedges.
- A nonstick skillet is great for many things, but it’s not great for searing shrimp. In fact, it tends to make them water out a bit. If possible, use a regular skillet for this recipe.
From time to time, reformulations of products may alter nutrient value, ingredients and/or allergens. Maintaining on-line information accuracy at all times can be difficult. In the event of a conflict between the data that is shown on this site and that which is on the package, the data on the package should be the primary resource for accurate and up to date data for the product in the package.