Taco Hummus and Tortilla Chips
Total 25 Minutes
- 4 (6 inch) Old El Pasoᵀᴹ Flour Tortillas
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) water
- 1 tbsp plus 1/2 tsp (15 mL plus 2 mL) Old El Pasoᵀᴹ Smart Fiestaᵀᴹ Reduced Sodium Taco Seasoning Mix, divided
- 1 can (540 mL/19 oz) chick peas (garbanzo beans), drained
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) water
- 5 tsp (25 mL) lemon juice
- 2 tsp (10 mL) olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) Old El Pasoᵀᴹ Thick N' Chunky Salsa
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) crumbled feta cheese (optional)
- Chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- Heat oven to 400ºF. Spray baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- To make tortilla chips, lightly brush both sides of each tortilla with water. Lightly sprinkle taco seasoning mix over both sides of each tortilla, using the 1/2 tsp amount of the seasoning mix. Cut each tortilla into 8 wedges; place on cookie sheet. Bake 4 to 5 minutes or until light golden brown. Remove from baking sheet to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, to make hummus, drain and rinse chick peas. In blender or food processor, place chick peas, water, lemon juice, oil, garlic and remaining 1 tablespoon taco seasoning mix. Cover; blend until smooth. Stir in salsa. Garnish hummus with crumbled feta cheese and chopped cilantro, if desired. Serve with tortilla chips.
- You can also serve this tasty dip with fresh cut up veggies.
- What to do with the leftovers? Top a sandwich or burger with a dollop of hummus for an easy way to get lots of flavour.