Taco Monster Mouths
- 30 Minutes Total
- 6 Servings
- 2 plum (Roma) tomatoes, cut length-wise into 3 pieces
- 12 large pimiento-stuffed green olives
- 3 slices processed cheese
- 6 Old El Pasoᵀᴹ Stand 'N Stuffᵀᴹ Taco Shells
- 1/2 lb (250 g) lean ground beef
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Old El Pasoᵀᴹ Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) water
- Shredded lettuce, if desired
- Cut each tomato lengthwise into 3 pieces. Remaining inside of tomato may be chopped for additional taco filling, if desired.
- Cut slit into 1 side of each olive to make a flat side. Cut each of the slices of cheese in half vertically in a zigzag line to look like teeth.
- Heat oven to 350°F. Arrange taco shells on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 5 to 7 minutes or until hot. Meanwhile, in 10-inch skillet, cook ground beef over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently, until thoroughly cooked; drain. Stir in taco seasoning mix and water. Reduce heat to medium; cook about 5 minutes, stirring frequently until water has evaporated.
- To assemble, fill tacos with desired fillings so that hamburger is on the top. Placing each taco on its side on serving plate, insert 1 tomato slice into meat filling to look like tongue. Place 1 cheese slice with zigzag edge toward meat along top side of taco between the shell and the filling. Place 2 olives, flat sides down, to look like eyes on top of shell.
- Ground turkey can be used in place of the ground beef.