- 25 Minutes Total
- 4 Servings
- 1 lb (500 g) lean ground beef
- 1 pouch (35 g) Old El Pasoᵀᴹ Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1 cup (250 mL) Old El Pasoᵀᴹ Thick N' Chunky Salsa
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) water
- 1 head romaine lettuce, torn into bite-sized pieces
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) sour cream
- tortilla chips
- jalapeno slices (optional)
- Brown ground beef in skillet over medium-high heat for 5 minutes or until no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in seasoning mix and salsa and water until combined. Heat until bubbly.
- Place lettuce on large platter and sprinkle with cheese, tomatoes, and onions.
- Spoon beef mixture into centre of the salad; spoon sour cream on top.
- Arrange tortilla chips around salad and garnish with jalapeno slices, if desired.
- For a fun and colourful presentation, try serving this salad with blue corn chips or make your own, using salsa or spinach flavoured tortillas.