Total 25 Minutes
- 1 lb (500 g) lean ground beef
- 1 pouch (35 g) Old El Pasoᵀᴹ Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1 cup (250 mL) Old El Pasoᵀᴹ Thick N' Chunky Salsa
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) water
- 1 head romaine lettuce, torn into bite-sized pieces
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) sour cream
- tortilla chips
- jalapeno slices (optional)
- Brown ground beef in skillet over medium-high heat for 5 minutes or until no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in seasoning mix and salsa and water until combined. Heat until bubbly.
- Place lettuce on large platter and sprinkle with cheese, tomatoes, and onions.
- Spoon beef mixture into centre of the salad; spoon sour cream on top.
- Arrange tortilla chips around salad and garnish with jalapeno slices, if desired.
- For a fun and colourful presentation, try serving this salad with blue corn chips or make your own, using salsa or spinach flavoured tortillas.
From time to time, reformulations of products may alter nutrient value, ingredients and/or allergens. Maintaining on-line information accuracy at all times can be difficult. In the event of a conflict between the data that is shown on this site and that which is on the package, the data on the package should be the primary resource for accurate and up to date data for the product in the package.