Tex-Mex Sloppy Joes
Total 40 Minutes
- 2 cans (8 crescents each) Pillsburyᵀᴹ Crescents
- ½ lb (250 g) lean ground beef
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) Old El Pasoᵀᴹ Seasoning Mix (from 35 g package)
- 1 cup (250 mL) Old El Pasoᵀᴹ Thick N' Chunky Salsa
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded Cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese (or a nacho cheese blend)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) cornmeal
- Heat oven to 375°F. Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray. Unroll both cans of dough on work surface; press into two 12x8-inch rectangles. Cut into total of 8 rectangles.
- In 10-inch skillet, cook beef over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently, until thoroughly cooked. Stir in taco seasoning mix and salsa; simmer 5 minutes. Spoon about 1/4 cup/50 mL meat mixture in center of 1 dough rectangle. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons/25 mL cheese. Fold rectangle over to form triangle; press edges with fork to seal. Place on cookie sheet. Brush with egg; sprinkle with cornmeal. Repeat with remaining dough and filling.
- Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until deep golden brown.