Turkey Club Tortilla Pinwheels
Total Time 50 Minutes
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 4 oz (125 g) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped yellow or red bell peppers
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 slices bacon, crisply cooked, crumbled
- 6 tortillas from 1 package (334 g) Old El Paso™ Flour Tortillas for Burritos (8 Count)
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped tomato
- 1/2 lb (250 g) thinly sliced cooked turkey
- 6 leaves leaf lettuce
- In small bowl, mix mayonnaise and cream cheese until smooth. Stir in peppers, cilantro and bacon.
- Warm tortillas as directed on package.
- Spread about 2 tablespoons mayonnaise mixture on each tortilla. Top each with 1 rounded tablespoon tomato, 1 slice turkey and 1 lettuce leaf. Roll up each tortilla tightly. Cut each roll into 8 pieces; secure each piece with cocktail toothpick. Serve immediately or cover tightly and refrigerate until serving time.
- Ranch dressing would make a delicious substitute for the mayonnaise in this dressing.
- Not a cilantro lover? Substitute fresh chopped parsley instead.
- Save the last minute rushing when guests arrive by making these a few hours ahead. In fact they will slice best that way because they have enough time to firm up in the fridge.