April Fools Day Tacos
Total Time 20 Minutes
- 3 cups walnut halves
- 2 tbsp packed brown sugar
- 3 oz semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 11/4 cups sweetened coconut flakes
- Yellow and orange gel food colouring
- 1 ½ cup strawberries, finely chopped
- Half apple, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 tsp lime or lemon juice
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh mint
- ¼ cup blueberries (optional)
- ½ cup Greek vanilla yogurt
- 1 pkg Old El Paso Stand n’ Stuff Tacos
- Pulse walnuts in a food processor until it resembles the size of cooked ground beef. Melt chocolate in a large microwave-safe bowl. Stir in walnuts and sugar to coat; microwave to melt and stir if needed.
- Place coconut in a resealable plastic bag. Dip a toothpick in the food colouring and stir into the coconut; seal the bag and massage the coconut, adding more colouring until it resembles shredded cheddar cheese.
- In a bowl, stir the strawberries, apple, lime juice and mint to resemble salsa.
- Slice blueberries into rounds then use the tip of a round piping tip to cut out holes to mimic olives.
- Fill tacos with the walnut beef mixture and top with coconut cheese, strawberry salsa, blueberry olives and Greek yogurt sour cream if desired.