BBQ Mexican Ribs
Total 40 Minutes
- 1 jar (440 mL) Old El Paso* Thick N’ Chunky Salsa
- 1 pouch (35 g) Old El Paso* Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) brown sugar
- 2 1/2 lb (1 kg) pork side ribs
- In microwave-safe glass bowl, stir together salsa, seasoning mix and sugar.
- Microwave on High for 4 minutes, stirring halfway through cooking time; set aside.
- Place rib pieces in large covered casserole dish with 1 cup (250 mL) water.
- Microwave on Medium 10 to 15 minutes or until still slightly pink in the centre.
- Preheat barbecue to medium-high. Grill ribs 10 to 15 minutes or until no longer pink, turning and brushing with barbecue sauce often. Serve with salsa.
- Substitute 2 1/2 lbs (1 kg) chicken pieces (legs, bone-in breasts, thighs, wings) for ribs.
From time to time, reformulations of products may alter nutrient value, ingredients and/or allergens. Maintaining on-line information accuracy at all times can be difficult. In the event of a conflict between the data that is shown on this site and that which is on the package, the data on the package should be the primary resource for accurate and up to date data for the product in the package.