BBQ Mexican Ribs
- 40 Minutes
- Serves 4
Make sure to have lots of napkins on hand when serving these finger-lickin’ ribs.
- 1 jar (440 mL) Old El Paso* Thick N’ Chunky Salsa
- 1 pouch (35 g) Old El Paso* Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) brown sugar
- 2 1/2 lb (1 kg) pork side ribs
- In microwave-safe glass bowl, stir together salsa, seasoning mix and sugar.
- Microwave on High for 4 minutes, stirring halfway through cooking time; set aside.
- Place rib pieces in large covered casserole dish with 1 cup (250 mL) water.
- Microwave on Medium 10 to 15 minutes or until still slightly pink in the centre.
- Preheat barbecue to medium-high. Grill ribs 10 to 15 minutes or until no longer pink, turning and brushing with barbecue sauce often. Serve with salsa.
Tip: Substitute 2 1/2 lbs (1 kg) chicken pieces (legs, bone-in breasts, thighs, wings) for ribs.