Breakfast Tortilla Bowls
Total Time 20 Minutes
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) half-and-half
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 2 tsp (10 mL) butter
- 1 can (19 oz/540 mL) black beans, drained, rinsed
- 4 medium green onions, sliced (1/2 cup/125 mL)
- 6 Old El Pasoᵀᴹ Tortilla Bowls (from 8-count package)
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) Old El Pasoᵀᴹ Thick N' Chunky Salsa
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled and diced
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) sour cream
- In large bowl, beat eggs with whisk. Add half-and-half and salt; beat well. In 10-inch nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add egg mixture; cook about 7 minutes, scraping cooked eggs up from bottom of skillet occasionally, until mixture is firm but still moist. Gently fold in beans and green onions, stirring to combine.
- Heat tortillas as directed on package. Divide egg mixture evenly among tortillas. Top with Toppings. If desired, garnish with dark green tops of green onions.
- Complete this fabulous meal with a delicious fresh fruit salad.