Cranberry-Glazed Appetizer Meatballs
- 1 Hour 10 Minutes
- Serves 60
- Appetizers & Snacks
Cranberries balance the spicy flavour of Old El Paso* Thick N' Chunky Salsa in a fabulous holiday appetizer.
- 1 1/2 lbs (750 g) lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) bread crumbs
- 1/2 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 1/8 tsp (.5 mL) pepper
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) Old El Paso* Thick N' Chunky Salsa
- 1 cup (250 mL) canned jellied cranberry sauce
- Garnish, if desired
- 60 fresh cranberries, if desired
- Heat oven to 375ºF. In large bowl, stir meatball ingredients until well mixed. Shape into 1-inch balls; place in ungreased 15x10x1-inch pan.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until meatballs are thoroughly cooked and no longer pink in centre.
- Meanwhile, in 3-quart saucepan, stir sauce ingredients until well blended. Heat to boiling over medium heat. Reduce heat to low; simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add meatballs to sauce; stir to coat. Cook over medium heat about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly heated. Thread cranberries on toothpicks; stick toothpicks in meatballs to serve."
TIP: Prepare and bake the meatballs up to 24 hours before your party. Cover and refrigerate them. Just before serving, prepare the sauce and heat the meatballs in it. TIP: Keep the meatballs warm by serving them in a chafing dish or fondue pot. Provide small forks or cocktail toothpicks for easy eating.