Creamy Salsa Potatoes
Turn boxed potatoes into a crowd-size fiesta of flavours using salsa, cheese and chilies.
55 Minutes Total
- 2 boxes Betty Crocker* Creamy Scalloped Potatoes
- 4 cups (1 L) boiling water
- 1 cup (250 mL) milk
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) margarine or butter
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) Old El Paso* Thick N' Chunky Salsa
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) sour cream
- 1 can Old El Paso* Chopped Green Chilies
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) chopped fresh cilantro, if desired
- Heat oven to 400ºF. Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with non stick cooking spray.
- Stir 2 Sauce Mix pouches, boiling water, milk and margarine with whisk in baking dish. Stir in 2 Potatoes pouches. Stir in salsa, sour cream, chiles and cheese until well blended.
- Bake 35 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Sprinkle with cilantro. Let stand 5 minutes before serving (sauce will thicken as it stands).
- Divide the recipe in half to serve eight.