Crispy Chicken and Cheese Tortilla Bowls
- 30 Minutes
- Serves 4
Packed full of crispy seasoned chicken strips, sweetcorn and salsa - these easy-to-eat tortilla bowls make a filling family meal!
- 1 package Old El Paso™ Chicken Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1 cup (250 mL) panko bread crumbs
- 1 lb (500g) skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) vegetable oil, divided
- 1 package (8 count) Old El Paso™ Tortilla Bowls
- Shredded lettuce (about 3 cups)
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) drained, canned whole kernel corn
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Old El Paso™ Thick N’ Chunky Salsa
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) finely crumbled feta cheese or shredded Cheddar cheese
- Combine seasoning mix and panko bread crumbs until well blended. Spread onto large plate. Place all the chicken strips on top of the seasoned crumbs and toss until evenly coated.
- Heat 1 1/2 tbsp oil in large nonstick skillet over a medium heat and cook half of the coated chicken for 4 to 6 minutes, until crisp and cooked through, turning occasionally. Remove chicken from pan and set aside. Add remainder of the oil to the pan and cook the remaining chicken.
- Meanwhile, warm the tortilla bowls according to the package directions. Divide the shredded lettuce between the tortilla bowls; top with the crispy chicken strips, corn, salsa, and cheese.