Fritos® Chili Taco Bowls
Prep 20 Minutes
Total Time 35 Minutes
- 1 lb (500 g) lean ground beef
- 1 cup (250 mL) chopped onions
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 package (24 g) Old El Paso™ Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) chili powder
- 1/2 can (28 oz/796 mL) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (19 oz/540 mL) pinto beans, drained, rinsed
- 2 packages (189 g each) Old El Paso™ Flour Soft Tortilla Bowls (8 Count), heated as directed on package
- 2 cups (500 g) Fritos® corn chips
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded lettuce
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped fresh tomatoes
- In 3-quart/L saucepan, cook beef, onions and garlic over medium heat 6 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until beef is thoroughly cooked; drain.
- Stir in taco seasoning mix, chili powder, canned tomatoes and beans.
- Heat to boiling over high heat. Reduce heat just enough so mixture bubbles gently. Cook uncovered 12 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thick.
- Spoon chili into warm tortilla bowls; top with remaining ingredients.
- Sour cream is a great topping for these crunchy chili bowls!
- Spice it up with 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon (1-2 mL) cayenne pepper. Just add it with the chili powder and taco seasoning mix.
- You could double the chili part of this recipe and freeze the extra for a quick weeknight meal. This would allow you to use the full 796 mL can of diced tomatoes!
- Trademarks referred to herein are the properties of their respective owners.