Grilled Crisp - Crust Pizzas
Total 15 Minutes
- 1/2 pkg (334 g) Old El Pasoᵀᴹ 8 Large Flour Tortillas
- 2 tsp (10 mL) olive oil
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Old El Pasoᵀᴹ Thick N' Chunky Salsa
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) shredded Monterey Jack or mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) sliced pimento-stuffed green olives (optional)
- 24 slices pepperoni (from 1-inch/2.5 cm round pepperoni)
- Heat gas or charcoal grill. On ungreased baking sheets, place tortillas. Brush with oil. Spread 2 tbsp (25 mL) salsa on each tortilla. Sprinkle each tortilla with 2 tbsp (25 mL) Cheddar cheese and Monterey Jack or mozzarella cheese. Top evenly with olives (if desired) and pepperoni. Sprinkle each tortilla with 1 tbsp (15 mL) Cheddar cheese and Monterey Jack or mozzarella cheese.
- With broad spatula, carefully slide pizzas onto grill. Cover grill; cook over medium heat 3 to 6 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust is crisp. Slide pizzas back onto baking sheets.
- These thin and crispy pizzas will remind you of those served in restaurants equipped with wood-burning ovens.