Grilled Halibut with Lime and Cilantro
Total 45 Minutes
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) lime juice
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tsp (5 mL) olive or vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 halibut or salmon steaks (about 3/4 lb/375 g)
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Old El Pasoᵀᴹ Thick N' Chunky Salsa
- In shallow glass or plastic dish or resealable food-storage plastic bag, mix marinade ingredients. Add fish steaks, turning several times to coat with marinade. Cover; refrigerate 15 minutes, turning once.
- Heat gas or charcoal grill. Remove fish from marinade; discard marinade.
- Place fish on grill over medium heat. Cover grill; cook 10 to 20 minutes, turning once, until fish flakes easily with fork. Sprinkle with pepper. Serve with salsa.
- Use a grill basket when grilling delicate fish, which can break apart easily. Be sure to spray the basket with cooking spray or lightly brush it with vegetable oil before adding the fish.
- For best results, marinate fish only up to 2 hours. If the fish marinates longer, it will begin to toughen.
From time to time, reformulations of products may alter nutrient value, ingredients and/or allergens. Maintaining on-line information accuracy at all times can be difficult. In the event of a conflict between the data that is shown on this site and that which is on the package, the data on the package should be the primary resource for accurate and up to date data for the product in the package.