Grilled Mexican Chicken Burgers
Total 30 Minutes
- 1 lb (500 g) ground chicken or turkey
- 1 pkg Old El Pasoᵀᴹ Taco Seasoning Mix
- 4 slices Monterey Jack cheese
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) guacamole
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) Old El Pasoᵀᴹ Thick N' Chunky Salsa
- Heat gas or charcoal grill. In large bowl, mix chicken and taco seasoning mix. Shape mixture into 4 patties, about 3/4 inch thick.
- Place patties on grill over medium heat. Cover grill; cook 14 to 16 minutes, turning once, until thermometer inserted in center of patties reads 165°F. Top each patty with cheese slice for last 2 minutes of cooking.
- Place patties on bottoms of buns; top with guacamole, salsa and tops of buns.
- Lean ground beef is a good choice, too, for these south-of-the-border burgers.
- Skip the fries, and serve these burgers with tortilla chips and a chilled fruit salad. Don't forget the extra salsa!