Grilled Salsa Burgers
Total 30 Minutes
- 1 1/2 lb (750 g) ground beef
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Old El Paso* Thick 'N Chunky Salsa
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 6 burger buns, split, toasted
- 6 tomato slices
- 6 avocado slices
- 6 tbsp (90 mL) sour cream
- Heat gas or charcoal grill. In medium bowl, mix beef, salsa and bread crumbs. Shape mixture into 12 (4-inch) patties, 1/4 inch thick. Sprinkle rounded tablespoon cheese in centre of 6 patties, spreading slightly. Top with remaining patties; press edges together firmly to seal.
- Place patties on grill over medium heat. Cover grill; cook 11 to 13 minutes, turning once, until meat thermometer inserted in center of patties reads 165ºF.
- Place burgers on bottom halves of buns. Top each with tomato and avocado slice and 1 tablespoon sour cream. If desired, top with additional salsa. Cover with top halves of buns.
- To broil patties, place on broiler pan. Broil with tops about 4 inches from heat for 10 to 12 minutes, turning once, until meat thermometer inserted in centre of patties reads 165ºF.
From time to time, reformulations of products may alter nutrient value, ingredients and/or allergens. Maintaining on-line information accuracy at all times can be difficult. In the event of a conflict between the data that is shown on this site and that which is on the package, the data on the package should be the primary resource for accurate and up to date data for the product in the package.