Grilled Salsa Burgers
Total Time 30 Minutes
- 1 1/2 lb (750 g) ground beef
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Old El Paso* Thick 'N Chunky Salsa
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 6 burger buns, split, toasted
- 6 tomato slices
- 6 avocado slices
- 6 tbsp (90 mL) sour cream
- Heat gas or charcoal grill. In medium bowl, mix beef, salsa and bread crumbs. Shape mixture into 12 (4-inch) patties, 1/4 inch thick. Sprinkle rounded tablespoon cheese in centre of 6 patties, spreading slightly. Top with remaining patties; press edges together firmly to seal.
- Place patties on grill over medium heat. Cover grill; cook 11 to 13 minutes, turning once, until meat thermometer inserted in center of patties reads 165ºF.
- Place burgers on bottom halves of buns. Top each with tomato and avocado slice and 1 tablespoon sour cream. If desired, top with additional salsa. Cover with top halves of buns.
- To broil patties, place on broiler pan. Broil with tops about 4 inches from heat for 10 to 12 minutes, turning once, until meat thermometer inserted in centre of patties reads 165ºF.