- 25 Minutes Total
- 6 Servings
- 30 blue corn tortilla chips
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 orange bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter or margarine
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) shredded deli rotisserie chicken (from 2-lb chicken)
- 1 cup (250 mL) drained rinsed black beans (from 19 oz/540 mL can)
- 2 cups (500 mL) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- Fresh cilantro leaves and chopped green onions, if desired
- Old El Paso* Thick N' Chunky Salsa, if desired
- Heat oven to 400°F. Line cookie sheet with foil. Arrange tortilla chips on cookie sheet, overlapping slightly.
- In 10-inch skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Cook bell pepper in oil 3 to 4 minutes or until tender. Add butter and garlic, stirring until butter is melted. Add chicken. Cook 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Remove from heat; stir in beans. If desired, season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spoon chicken mixture over chips. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake about 4 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with cilantro and onions. Serve with salsa.