Hearty Mexican Pizza
- 55 Minutes
- Serves 8
Who said the Italians invented pizza? You'll love this spicy variation of a much-loved classic.
- 3/4 lb (375 g) lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 jar (440 mL) Old El Paso* Thick N’ Chunky Salsa (about 1 3/4 cups/425 mL)
- 1 pre-baked pizza crust
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Brown beef in skillet over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium; stir in onions, garlic and green pepper, and cook 3 minutes longer or until onion is softened.
- Stir in salsa and cook for 5 minutes or until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Place pizza crust on pizza pan. Remove beef mixture from heat and spoon onto pizza crust.
- Sprinkle green pepper and cheese evenly over beef mixture.
- Bake in a 450°F (230°C) oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until cheese has melted and pizza is heated through.
Tip: Add fibre and loads of flavour by switching to a whole wheat or multi-grain crust. Additionally, try adding a sprinkling of black beans over top of pizza, just before serving.